Tuesday 10 January 2012

Orly Mineral FX Collection Swatches

Pin It
Evening Ladies,

I picked up 4 of the new-ish Orly Mineral FX polishes - some from Traci's Blog Sale & the others from nailsupplies.usnailsupplies.us


Rock It - overcast - 2 coats

Rock It - overcast - 2 coats

Rock It - overcast - 2 coats

I've seen that this isn't so popular with most nail bloggers, but I'm in love with it!!!  Rock It is a predominantly deep pink/magenta/burgundy shimmer with orange-gold shimmer that gives it a sort of duo-chrome look. Just so so so so pretty! Fantastic formula too, applies like a dream in two thin coats and dries very quickly.

Rock Solid - overcast - 3 coats

Rock Solid - macro - 3 coats

Rock Solid was a bit of a let down for me. Admittedly it was overcast so I didn't get the full effect of the holo glitter but I feel like it gets sort of lost with all the silver shimmer going on in this gunmetal grey base. The China Glaze & Sally Hansen version look way glitterier, so maybe this is the mature one. It takes 3 coats but it's got a nice formula, if a little thin.

Rock The World - overcast - 2 coats

Rock The World - overcast - 2 coats

Rock The World - macro - 2 coats

Rock The World is another Zoya Faye type polish. It's very nice though, it has a thicker formula than OPI It's My Year & Orly Ingenue, plus it is a gorgeous plummy pink/purple with ultra heavy gold shimmer. It was overcast so my pics do not show how blingy it can get! This covered great in 2 coats and was also a dream to apply.

Stone Cold - overcast - 3 coats

 Stone Cold is so awesome! I missed out on Lunar Eclipse from the Cosmic FX set so I had my eye on this one since the promo shots started coming out. It is a beautiful deep blue with chunky glass fleck sort of shimmer - kind of like OPI's Meep Meep Meep? It's a bit on the thin side so I used 3 coats for full coverage, so dry time was a little longer as well.

I didn't get Emberstone or Rococo A-go-go because I already have polishes that are very similar (OPI Animal-istic & Zoya Valerie) and was trying to limit myself! I kind of hope to one day soon, get my hands of Emberstone because it looks so fiery!

Which ones do you want?

xxx NPA

1 comment:

  1. I like the Stone Cold but it is very similar to OPI swimsuit Nailed it-it's the only one I liked from this collection-too glittertastic for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...